Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair a brick patio.
1 Use a flat bar to pry all the full-size bricks from the sunken area of the patio.
2 Number each cut brick removed from the edge of the patio using a crayon.
3 Dig out sodden clay or soft mud from the patio with a pointed trowel.
4 Use a 4-foot level to determine the finished height of the brick.
5 Fill depressions in the sand bed with ground limestone.
6 Use a hand tamper to compact the limestone.
7 Add 1 inch of sand, then check with the level to ensure there's a 3-inch space for the bricks.
8 Set bricks back into place, tapping each one down with a rubber mallet.
9 Sweep fine-grain sand into the joints between the bricks.
10 After the first heavy rainfall, sweep more sand across patio to fill voids between bricks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades