Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair plaster molding.
1. Make cut through existing plaster molding with drywall saw.
2. Set sheet metal into cut and scribe molding profile onto the metal.
3. Use jigsaw, aviation snips and files to cut molding profile out of sheet metal.
4. Screw together two long 2x6s to create a plaster form; set form on sawhorses.
5. Screw wood blocks to metal template to create a sliding jig for 2x6 form.
6. Fill 2x6 form with wet plaster.
7. Slide the template through the plaster two or three times to create the exact molding profile; allow plaster to cure overnight.
8. Cut molding from form; trim to size.
9. Apply wet plaster to wall, and to the rear of the molding.
10. Press the molding to the wall, bedding it securely into the wet plaster.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades