Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair a plaster ceiling.
1. Screw plaster washers to ceiling along and around cracked area; be sure to drive screws into wood lath above.
2. Use trowel to spread joint compound onto ceiling, covering the repaired area.
3. Press insect screen into wet compound; smooth flat with trowel.
4. Allow joint compound to dry at least 24 hours.
5. Sand away high spots and ridges with 100-grit sandpaper; fill low spots with joint compound.
6. Apply another thin coat of compound, if necessary, let dry and sand smooth again.
7. Once repair is complete, apply one coat of primer followed by two topcoats of paint.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades