Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair sliding wood closet doors.
1 Remove the doors from the closet opening.
2 Pry tacks from groove in bottom of door.
3 Cut oak wear strips to fit into groove in door bottom.
4 Sand rail along threshold of doorway.
5 Sand top and bottom of door with 100-git sandpaper.
6 Glue oak wear strips into groove along bottom of door.
7 Lubricate all wood-to-wood sliding surfaces along top and bottom of door.
8 Replace doors and check to ensure they slide smoothly.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades