Watch this video from This Old House to learn how fix a unbalanced door.
1 Close door and check the spacing at the top and latch-side of the door.
2 Determine which hinge must be shimmed to adjust door and create even spacing.
3 Remove appropriate hinge from door and jamb.
4 Hold door hinge against cardboard and use utility knife to cut around hinge; cut several shims.
5 Set two or three cardboard shims in the hinge mortises on the door and jamb, then replace the hinge.
6 Install shims behind other hinges, if necessary.
7 Close the door and check the spacing.
8 If necessary, add or subtract shims until the door latches properly and closes without binding.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades