Steve with Eikenhout Educational Video Series and Paul Griggs with PGriggs Construction demonstrate how to install new windows during a new construction application. You will need a level, a utility knife, a caulk gun and a hammer to install the windows. First, cut the house wrap away from the area where the window will be placed. Next, properly flash the opening to protect it from water by starting at the window sill. Next, verify that the sill is level. Next, caulk around the window opening perimeter with the caulk gun. Put your window into position by lifting it and pressing it against the sill to align it. Place shims on the sill to enable flexibility to make minor adjustments to the window position. Tack the window into place, starting in the corners. Cut back the house wrap and flash around the nails. Apply nailing gaskets to the window if installing aluminum hardware. Tack the house wrap back over the flashing and secure it with tape. Enjoy your new windows.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades