ApartmentTherapy reminds us of a fine fix for scratches on glassy surfaces like mirrors and windows—toothpaste!
All you need is a lint-free cloth, a non-gel toothpaste (one with baking soda is even better), and a damp cloth.
1. Clean the glass well and dry it using a lint-free cloth.
2. Apply a dollop of toothpaste to a soft cloth and rub it into the scratch using a circular motion.
3. After buffing for 30-40 seconds, wipe the toothpaste off with a damp cloth.
4. Dry again with the lint-free cloth. Repeat if needed.
Rule of thumb: the scratch should be visible but not large enough to catch your thumbnail.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades