Heatherwick Studio's London based rolling bridge is an engineering marvel. Lots of fun, and immensely satisfying to watch (via YouTube, assuming you can't see it in person).
From Heatherwick Studio:
"Rather than a conventional opening bridge mechanism, consisting of asingle rigid element that lifts to let boats pass, the Rolling Bridgegets out of the way by curling up until its two ends touch. While inits horizontal position, the bridge is a normal, inconspicuous steeland timber footbridge; fully open, it forms a circle on one bank of thewater that bears little resemblance to its former self.
Twelve metres long, the bridge is made in eight steel and timbersections, and is made to curl by hydraulic rams set into the handrailbetween each section."
Awesome. Check it out:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades