Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to work with fiber-cement board.
1. Wrap plywood house corners with 15-pound builder's felt; secure felt with staples.
2. Hold fiber-cement board against house, flush with the corner; secure the board with galvanized nails.
3. If necessary, add another fiber-cement board to extend up to the frieze.
4. Apply silicone caulk to end joint between boards; nail board flush with corner.
5. Nail fiber-cement boards to the opposite side of the corner, keeping them flush with the previously installed boards; caulk all joints with silicone.
6. Run a bead of silicone caulk along vertical corner joint between the fiber-cement boards.
7. Nail a second layer of fiber-cement boards over the first layer.
8. Apply another caulk bead along the corner joint, then nail on a third layer of fiber-cement boards to create the desired thickness.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades