In order to mud and tape the corners with new drywall you, you will need spackle, a sturdy ladder, and a putty knife. Scoop out a dollop of spackle (i.e. mud) with your putty knife. Place your putty knife where the ceiling and the wall meat. Spread the putty evenly, as you extend your arm left to right or right to left. Make sure that you apply putty all the way up to the corner.
Next, dip your putty knife into the spackle again, and rake it across the ceiling in a similar fashion. Lay the tape in the corner. Press the tape in the seam with the putty knife. Spackle over the tape. Make sure it is smooth, and it will reduce the amount of time you will have to spend sanding.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades