How to tape and finish drywall To tape joints you can use either mesh or paper tape. To apply the tape you start by filling the joint with all purpose joint compound. Apply a layer of the compound using a 6 inch knife. Put the tape on the wall and press it into place using your 6 inch knife. Then put a thin coat of joint compound over the tape. Let it dry overnight and then put a second coat on and start spreading the compound out using your knife. Let the second coat dry and then add a 3rd coat. After the 3rd coat dries then you can sand the surface.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades