This video tutorial from Hometime TV shows how to set supporting beams on top of posts when building a deck. It also shows how to install the rim joists, which define the perimeter of the deck, and demonstrates several types of metal connectors for these framing elements.
The most common variations in deck framing have to do with whether there is a dropped beam or a flush beam, and with how the rim joists are configured. It is recommended use galvanized steel connectors wherever possible to secure the framing elements to each other.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades