ultimatehandyman shows you how to Rewire a fuse from an older style consumer unit. What you need: fuse from an older style consumer unit, a tester/screwdriver, fuse wire of right thickness1. Use a tester to determine whether your fuse is in working condition or not. Once you are sure it is not working unscrew the screws partially which are found on both ends. 2. Unwind the old fuse wire from the screws and remove. Take the fuse wire that is of same rating as the one you just removed. 3. Insert the new fuse wire into the fuse until it pops out the other end, now wind the fuse wire on both sides around the screws making sure that it is below the washer. 4. Cut of the excess bits of the fuse wire. Make sure the connections are all tight. Test whether the fuse is working using the tester. 5. Before inserting the fuse back into the consumer unit is switched off.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades