Watch this video from This Old how to learn how to install an interior door.
1 Close old door and measure up 12 inches from threshold and mark the door.
2 Pull hinge pins and take down old door.
3 Unscrew the lockset from old door.
4 Lay old door on top of new door; keep tops and hinge edges flush.
5 Find 12-inch marks on old door and measure down 11¾ inch; mark new door.
6 Transfer hinge and lockset locations from old door to edge of new door using a combination square.
7 Cut hinge mortises using hammer and chisel.
8 Screw hinges into mortises on door edge; pull pins to separate hinge leaves.
9 Cut door to height using circular saw and straightedge.
10 Screw remaining hinge leaves to mortises in doorjamb, inserting shims if necessary to make hinges flush.
11 Screw hole-boring template to door for drilling out the lockset holes.
12 Bore the doorknob hole through the face of door using a 2½-inch hole saw.
13 Use a 1-inch hole saw to bore latch hole in door edge.
14 Use hammer and chisel to cut a shallow mortise for the latch.
15 Install new lockset.
16 Hang door with hinge pins and check swing and closure.
17 Remove door, prime top and bottom to block out moisture, then paint.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades