In this video, we learn how to repair a defective ceiling fan light switch with Richard Wright. There are two types of switches: two wire and three wire, grab the one you need and tools to help you replace your light switch. Now, disconnect the power at the breaker panel and get started by removing the weighted poles on the chain. Next, remove the globes and bulbs, then set aside. Get inside the light by inserting your screwdriver into it and pulling the light kit apart. The inner workings will now be exposed, this part should be able to just hang by the wires. After this, unscrew the wire nut and remove the old switch. Replace it with the new one, then insert the light kit back into the inner light. Replace the globes and bulbs, then turn on the power and check to make sure all your lights are working, then you're finished!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades