Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to remove roof moss.
1 Slide a margin trowel under shingles to unstick them from the ones below.
2 Slide sacrificial zinc strip underneath the loosened shingles.
3 Secure the strip with roofing nails.
4 Apply a dab of sealant to every nail head and run a bead of sealant under each shingle.
5 Continue installing zinc strips across length of roof, end to end, leaving a 1/8 in. space between the strips.
6 To kill existing moss and lichen, make a cleaning solution of equal parts bleach and water.
7 Protect nearby shrubs and lawn with plastic tarps.
8 Spray the cleaning solution onto the shingles using a garden sprayer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades