In this video we learn how to remove door material to install a mortise lock. If you live in an older home where you have to take out a chunk of the door to change the lock, there are ways to prevent doing this. First take a spade bit and slide it over the lock. After this, take the mortise lock and hold it so it's flush with the door. Go below the hole and above the closest obstruction and put a mark. On the back measure slightly beyond what it would take for this to bottom out. Once you have these marks you will have the width and depth of your cut to install the lock!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades