If you're doing some spring cleaning and decide to throw in a little home improvement in as well you may want to remove old caulk. As we all know, old caulk is unattractive and will make areas look dirty or unfinished.
Do you have old, moldy, cracked caulk in your kitchen or bathroom? Here's how you can remove it in just a few easy steps.
You Will Need
* A caulk remover
* A utility knife or razor blade
* Needle-nose pliers
* A 5-in-1 tool
* A sponge
* Isopropyl alcohol (optional)
* Gloves (optional)
Step 1: Apply caulk remover
Apply caulk remover to soften the existing caulk.
Use isopropyl alcohol to soften water-based acrylic caulk. It's flammable so be careful.
Step 2: Cut caulk
Slice into the caulk with the utility knife or razor blade.
Wear gloves to protect your hands.
Step 3: Pull off caulk
Pull off the remaining caulk with the needle-nose pliers.
Step 4: Scrape
Work slowly and carefully to scrape off any remaining caulk with the 5-in-1 tool.
Step 5: Clean surface
Clean the area with a solution of ? cup bleach per gallon of water to remove any mold or mildew on the surface. Scrub away any soap residue.
Step 6: Rinse
Rinse the area thoroughly.
Step 7: Dry
Wipe the area with a clean rag and let it air dry.
Did you know? An abundance of airborne mold can cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems, and lead to infections.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades