Mark Donovan is remodeling a ceramic tile shower, and shows how to remove the old backer board. First remove the old screws, starting at the bottom of each board and working your way up (leave a few screws so the board doesn't fall). Sometimes screws may be hiding under old mortar. Score the joint between the top board and the ceiling with a utility knife to prevent ceiling damage. Use a pry bar to gently remove the old backer board, being watchful for pipes. Remove the last screws, then the board. Clean up will be easy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades