Sometimes it comes time to tear down the old and build up the new -- especially in kitchens! People seem to be especially enamored of redoing kitchens to follow design trends, family resizing, or simple updating to keep the house current, livable, and sellable. One way to achieve a different look in the kitchen is by changing the countertop.
Removing a countertop, while not as difficult as installing one, does require some care. You must be careful not to harm the cabinets below or the walls behind the counter. Also, any fixtures such as sinks or cooktops must be carefully removed if they are to be reused.
Another concern is safety. Many construction related injuries occur during the demolition process. Broken tiles, Formica and rusty nails can be very sharp. So, pay special attention to safety procedures. For complete, step-by-step instructions for this DIY project, watch this friendly and straightforward video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades