While building a deck may not be the easiest DIY project, it can be done with proper planning and execution. In part one of this five part series, learn about decking material options, deck style options, building codes restrictions and much more.
In part two of this five part series, learn what tools you will need to complete your deck project, including a straight edge, a framing hammer and other tools. Next, start your deck build by installing the ledger and locating & digging the footings.
In part three of this five part series, learn how to frame your deck with posts, beams and joists.
In part four of this five part series, learn which boards and fasteners will enable you to lay your deck. Next, watch how the boards are laid, spaced and finished.
In part five of this five part series, learn how to build deck stairs and deck railings to put the finishing touches on your new deck.
For more, or to get started building the deck of your dreams, watch this video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades