Ilyce Glink with ExpertRealEstateTips tells us about how often home owners ask her "How much should I pay a contractor before he or she starts the job?". The one who will be answering this question is Line Epstein, Vice President of Baker Construction Group. "You should never pay your contractor in full before the entire job is completed" -he says. "Not that he's going to run off with your money, but you want to keep some incentive to get the job done right. You should give a deposit of 5 to 10 percent of the budget before work starts to pay for expenses like fencing and beginning supplies. The billing process can vary, but make sure you are getting a full accounting for your own records and for your lender."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades