How to Patch a hole in a hollow core door
Ron Hazelton shows you how to fix a hole in a hollow core door in less than an hour.
1) Make a bevel around the hole.
2) Shove a piece of crumpled paper into the hole.
3) Fill the hole in with expanding insulated foam. When it's dry cut the extra off.
4) Cover the hole with polyester resin. After it's applied to hole and starts to turn rubbery, cut the extra off. After extra is cut off, sand it with 100grit sand paper.
5) Apply a thin coat of spackling. Smooth off the extra with a putty knife wider then the hole. When dry, sand it again.
6) Apply a coat of paint.
The whole process should take about and hour.