Measuring a staircase for a Summit Stair Lift is a simple process, but it's important that it's done right. This video will outline the quick measuring process so you can start your stair lift installation with no problems.
Start by measuring from the top nose to the bottom nose. Measure from the the point of the top nose where the tape measure rests upon. Then, measure from the top nose to the bottom landing floor. Make sure the tip of the tape measures reaches to the bottom landing floor. Now, measure the rise and the run of the steps. Use something flat, like a book, so you get a square measure of the rise. You'll need two flat objects to get a measurement of the run. If there's an obstruction like a door at one of the landings, you need to measure the distance from the top nose, the distance to the door, and how far out from the wall it is. If there's an obstruction such as a handrail or window, you have to measure how far out from the wall it protrudes, because the stair lift has to be installed 2-inches out from the obstruction.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades