Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to maintain a steam radiator.
1 Close the valve at base of radiator.
2 Turn off the room's thermostat.
3 Carefully unscrew the old air vent from side of radiator; if valve is hot, use thick cloth to protect your hand.
4 Wrap Teflon tape around the threads of the new steam valve.
5 Thread new steam valve into side of radiator; be sure valve points straight up.
6 Remove handle from valve at base of radiator.
7 Use adjustable wrench to unscrew packing nut from valve stem.
8 Wrap graphite packing gasket around threaded valve stem.
9 Replace nut and tighten with adjustable wrench.
10 Open valve at base of radiator.
11 Turn on the room's thermostat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades