Prepare all the materials and tools needed for the process. Prepare a circuit tester, an electrical tape, a flathead screwdriver, a pair of scissors, and an electric sealers kit. Then, make sure that you turn off the power at the main circuit box. Place a piece of electrical tape over the circuit breaker that goes to the circuit that you are going to work on. Unscrew the screws that are holding the plate cover of the outlets to the wall. Test the outlet using the circuit tester to make sure that it is not driving power. Place the insulator from your electrical sealer kit to the front face of the outlet or switch. Screw back the cover plate and then turn on the main circuit panel switch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades