GAF roofing has a four nail pattern. The shingles come in 2 sizes: English and metric. In this video we will be using English sizes. Place the shingles in a row by row pattern. You may move left to right or right to left but never move up the roof. You may have the shingle hanging over the roof by 1/4 in. Install the leak barrier in high wind areas. Place the second shingle next to the first. Five inches of the underlying shingle should be exposed. Use a whole shingle for the first course. The second course should be trimmed 11 inches and the third course should be trimmed 17 inches. The fifth course starts over with a whole shingle. Continue this pattern. Every 6th course, draw a chalk line to check that the lines are parallel.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades