Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put in a storm door.
1 Use bevel square to establish angle of doorsill.
2 Mark doorsill angle onto the bottom end of the hinge frame.
3 Use hacksaw to cut hinge frame to length.
4 Screw hinge frame to edge of screen door.
5 Screw door hinge to side jamb of door opening.
6 Install remaining frame pieces around top and sides of door.
7 Attach automatic closers and handle to door.
8 Secure the safety chain to head jamb and to inside of door.
9 Seal around storm-door frame with silicone caulk.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades