Roof ventilation principles are very straightforward -- a cool attic is a happy attic! You need to create a flow of air that enters the overhang of your roof through soffit vents, then flows straight up through the rafters and out through a ridge vent. To help facilitate airflow, it may be necessary to install a thermostat-controlled exhaust fan.
Installing ridge vents is a fairly aggressive project. Do not attempt this project if you are uncomfortable with heights or uncertain about your carpentry skills. Since you will be cutting the peak off your roof, this is not a project that can be left unfinished for any amount of time. Plan ahead and make sure you have all the materials you need to complete the project before weather rolls into your area. For complete, step-by-step instructions for this DIY project, watch this friendly and straightforward video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades