Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a rain diverter.
1. Sand underside of flashing with 80-grit sandpaper to help paint adhere; wipe surface clean.
2. Spray-paint bottom surface and up-turned edge of flashing to match color of roof.
3. Cut flashing in half using aviation snips.
4. Use flat pry bar to loosen stuck roof shingles.
5. Lay one flashing piece upside-down (painted side facing up) on roof at an angle and slip it under the shingles; repeat for the other flashing piece.
6. Secure the flashing with roofing nails; be sure to place each nail under a shingle.
7. Cover the nail heads and seal down each shingle with caulk.
8. Spray the roof with a garden hose to test the effectiveness of the rain diverter.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades