Ron Hazelton shows how to install a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). First turn off the power to the electrical outlet at the circuit breaker or fuse box (check to make sure there's no power in the outlet!). Then remove the electric cover plate. Then gently remove the old outlet receptacle. Detach the wires from the old receptacle. Trim and re-strip the wires if necessary. Attach the wires to the GFCI receptacle per the instructions. Gently reassemble the receptacle and plate. Restore the power and test the circuit. Your house will now be safer if you have electric outlets near water sources.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades