Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a door latch.
1 Transfer lockset location from old door to edge of new door.
2 Screw hole-boring template to door for drilling out the lockset holes.
3 Bore the doorknob hole through the face of door using a 2 1/8-inch hole saw; drill halfway through from each side.
4 Use a 1-inch hole saw to bore latch hole in door edge.
5 Unscrew template from door.
6 Set latch into hole, and mark its outline on door edge.
7 Use hammer and chisel to cut a shallow mortise for the latch.
8 Screw latch to door edge
9 Install new lockset in holes in face of door and attach with screws provided.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades