Deck railings are important to both the safety and the aesthetic appearance of your deck. In other words, a railing is the perfect blend of "strength and beauty."
A deck railing must be built to comply with your local code requirements. For instance, a deck rail should be at least 36" tall and should not have any gaps that are greater than 4". To ensure its stability, the railing should be securely attached to the deck frame as opposed to the deck surface.
To make your deck railing attractive, you can design a fancy railing that still complies with your local building codes. A simple and visually appealing solution is to create a railing with vertical balusters spaced 4" apart. This is the approach we will cover in this how-to. For complete, step-by-step instructions for this DIY project, watch this friendly and straightforward video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades