In this sixth part in the series on building your deck, you will be installing the structure that will support the joists and flooring of your deck. It is critical that these parts are sturdy and solid. Before you begin framing your deck, you should have the ledger installed along the house and the concrete pads poured and dried thoroughly. These create the various supporting elements for your deck. Next to the house, the deck joists will be attached directly to the ledger. Meanwhile, the concrete pads hold up the posts, which support the girders (or beams) that the support the deck joists opposite of the ledger. For complete, step-by-step instructions for this DIY project, watch this friendly and straightforward video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades