Home improvement expert Danny Lipford talks about additional closet shelving. See this video tutorial to see how to install additional shelving in an office closet.
Closets typically have a hanging rod with a single shelf above it. This leaves several feet of wasted space near the ceiling that could be used more effectively for storage. While you could add cleats to the wall and another long shelf, a better solution is to make two side by side freestanding shelves out of 1" x 12" pine.
Start by cutting two pieces slightly less than half the width of the closet.
Next cut four pieces of shelving 8" long (or longer if your prefer). Attach one piece to each end of the shelves with screws.
Put the freestanding shelves next to each other on top of the existing shelf to double your storage space.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades