To continue getting the enjoyment out of your fireplace you should inspect it regularly. Check the condition of the mortar in the firebox. If it is loose, missing, or crumbling it needs to be professionally repaired. Look for black deposits inside of the chimney or flue using a flashlight; presence of black deposits inside of the chimney or flue indicates the need for a licensed Chimney Sweep to clean the chimney in order to prevent a chimney fire. The chimney should be free of obstructions to prevent carbon monoxide from coming back into the house.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades