Watch this video from This Old House to learn how put drywall on a ceiling.
1 Use a drywall T-square to draw lines onto drywall sheet 16 in. on center; these lines correspond to the 1x3 strapping screwed to ceiling joists.
2 Mark onto the drywall the location of any lights or vents in the ceiling.
3 Set drywall sheet onto the drywall lift, then crank it up to the ceiling.
4 Secure drywall to 1x3 strapping with 1 5/8-inch drywall screws.
5 Cut holes for light or vents using a drywall cutout tool.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades