In this video, This Old House General Contractor Tom Silva demonstrates how to repair a basement wall leak around a drainpipe.
1 Spread drop cloth on floor in work area.
2 Use sledgehammer and cold chisel to chip away mortar from around the drainpipe.
3 Remove any wooden forms found in the wall.
4 Clean debris from hole.
5 Partially fill the hole with chunks of rubble.
6 Mix up a bucket of hydraulic cement.
7 Put on latex gloves, then pack the cement into hole by hand.
8 Use the trowel to force in cement into the hole.
9 Smooth cement patch flush with wall, making sure to fill all depressions.
10 Wash bucket and tools with water.
11 Fold up drop cloth and carry away leftover debris.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades