Buying expensive stud finders maybe the easiest route for most handymen to take, but it is costly. There are easier and cheaper ways to find a stud inside a wall, but you need patience. This handy video tutorial will show you how to find a stud with a magnet in a studded wall partition. But what if your stud aren't aluminum or steel? That's okay, the magnet searches for the metal screws inside the wood studs. You find a spot that sticks, then go up or down in a vertical direction to see if there is another screw. If so, it's a stud.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades