To fill a gouge on a table edge you start by using auto body filler. Auto body filler is a two part substance. The catalyst is red and the resin is grey. When they are properly mixed it will be a uniform pink color. To keep the substance from spilling out of the damaged area put a piece of tape on the side of the table. Take some filler and force it down into the cavity formed by the tape along the side of the table. Let it dry for 3-4 minutes. Take the tape off and use a knife to trim off the excess filler. If you let it sit too long it will become so hard that the only way you will be able to do anything to shape the filler is with a file. After it dries use some sandpaper to sand it flat and smooth. Don't sand onto the table anymore than you have to. The next step involves using artist acrylic colors to paint the patched area. You will have to blend the colors until you get a color that matches the color of the table. With acrylic paints you can keep going over it until you get the color just right. So be patient until you get the color just right.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades