Drywall screws were originally created specifically for drywall projects. But they have become increasing popular for woodworking projects because you can often screw them into a soft piece of wood without having to drill a pilot hole. But because they have threads all the way up to the head of the screw they will not pull two pieces of wood tightly together. So to get the drywall screw to hold two pieces of wood tightly together you have to drill a shank hole through the first piece of wood so that the drywall screw will go loosely through the first piece of wood and screw into the second piece of wood pulling them tightly together.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades