Fine Homebuilding with Jim Anderson demonstrates how to cut floor joists to length. Inspect the rim line to know where to set the joists. Set the joists to the layout on the rim line using a two man team. Tap a nail into the joist to keep it from moving around. Instead of standing the joists up to square them, cut them on both ends. Line the chalk line up with the rim line and snap the line across the joists to mark them. This will simultaneously measure and square them. Finally, line the joist square with the rim line and cut the joists to length. This method will put all the scrap out front and make it more accessible for a quick cleanup of the construction area.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades