Home improvement expert Danny Lipford teaches how to cut drywall around outlets Just watch the video tutorial to see how to cut drywall around electrical outlets.
It's easy to make a mistake when measuring and marking the location of electrical outlets on drywall. To prevent this from happening, coat the edge of the outlet box with brightly colored lipstick.
Position the sheet of wallboard in place, and push it firmly up against the outlet box. This transfers the lipstick to the drywall, leaving an outline of the box on the back of the sheet.
Using a drywall keyhole saw, cut around the outside of the line. Slide the sheet of drywall in place for a perfect fit every time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades