Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to cut crown molding.
1. To make a scarf joint in the middle of a long run, start by placing the crown molding upside down on miter saw table; hold the molding at the same angle as it will be installed.
2. Set blade at 45 degrees and make cut in two lengths of molding to create a scarf joint.
3. To form an outside corner joint, set the saw blade at 45 degrees to the left; cut the first length of molding.
4. Rotate saw to 45 degrees to the right and cut the second mating molding piece.
5. For an inside corner joint, square-cut the first piece of molding and butt it tight into corner.
6. Miter-cut the second piece to 45 degrees.
7. Highlight the leading edge of the molding with a pencil.
8. Cut along leading edge with a coping saw.
9. Smooth the cut edge with 100-grit sandpaper to create a tight joint.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades