How to replace a tap washer. Dripping Tap. Dripping Faucet. Replacing a tap / facuet washer is quite an easy process as long as you follow the 6 steps in my video. Basically all you need to do is this:
Step 1: Turn the water off at the mains.
Step 2: Turn the tap on and let the water drain out of the pipes.
Step 3: Remove the spindle from the tap.
Step 4: Remove the washer from the spindle and replace with a new one.
Step 5: Re-install the spindle to the tap and turn the tap off.
Step 6: Turn the mains back on.
DONE!!! Now go out there and do it!
Warning: Occasionally the tap may be badly corroded inside the unit. If this is the case it may be impossible to remove the spindle without causing extra damage to the plumbing. Replacing the tap may be your best option in this instance which is no big deal really as it is quite an easy process to do and relatively inexpensive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades