blockvideos shows how to build a cinderblock compost bin for recycling needs. The builder will need 20 corner blocks, 36 AB York blocks, 12 AB Dublin blocks, 17 wall caps, 5 fifty pound bags of crushed rock, and and 2 tubes of masonry adhesive. To begin, find a location to build the compost bin and lay out the first layer of back wall and side wall blocks, lining them up straight. Check the dimensions of the layout. Once confirmed accurate, use a shovel to mark the grass around the blocks. Remove the blocks and dig out the grass 7" wide and 3" deep. Make level and fill with the crushed rock to the top to form the foundation. Level the area with a hand compactor. Replace the blocks over the foundation starting with the back wall, leveling them with a dead-blow hammer. Check the dimensions of the first layer of blocks. Start the next layer with a corner block, then use half an AB York block to start the back wall, and follow with an AB Dublin block. Place all the blocks according to the layout pattern. Place wall caps over the final layer of blocks. Once they are in place, remove and replace each cap with masonry adhesive. After letting the adhesive dry, drill holes and attach the compost cover.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades