This is how to build a wine rack out of pallet wood. I was tossing around some wine rack ideas and decided that pallet wood, or reclaimed wood, is the perfect choice for a rustic wine rack.
All you need for this project is an old pallet (for me a hardwood one is my choice). A pallet that has seen some wear is preferable so as to achieve that rustic look.
Please note that this rack is not designed for the long time storage of wine. The wine rack is designed for bottles that will be drunk in the near future, which in my case fits the bill perfectly!
- One old pallet
- Two or three old hardwood fence palings (these are optional as you can just use all pallet wood if you like)
- Drop saw, circular saw, or hand saw
- Tape measure
- Nails or screws
- 500ML tin of clear, satin varnish
- One day
- One pallet: FREE!
- For the cost of the varnish, about $21.00 (you will be able to get two projects done with this amount)
- Nails: $1.00
To find out how to dismantle a pallet without hurting your back or splitting precious timber, check out my guide on making a cheap raised garden bed.
And if you need to work out how to find a wall stud the easy way...
Thanks for taking the time to watch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades