With the growing popularity of cordless power tools, it's extremely easy these days to accumulate a lot of portable tools, and when you add in quality corded tools, such as circular saws, routers, planers and air nailers, you can end up with a pretty hefty investment. These same tools are the first to "walk away" in a theft. Left lying around a shop or garage, they can also be somewhat dangerous for youngsters. A locking cabinet not only provides a secure place, but protects the tools as well. The cabinet shown is made of 3/4-inch plywood and has an open shelf below the locking cabinet for chargers for cordless tools, or for less valuable gear. The cabinet shown is to be used in a garage and the plywood is economical "good one-side" (C/D) fir plywood. You may prefer to utilize a pine, birch or other more decorative plywood if your shop or garage is more upscale. For a step-by-step guide to building your own locking tool cabinet, watch this DIY video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades