Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put a deck over a concrete step.
1. Cut PVC trim boards to wrap around stoop using circular saw.
2. Counterbore holes in PVC trim with ½-inch-diameter spade bit.
3. Apply foam adhesive to back of trim.
4. Run bead of hot-melt glue across miter joints and press trim board against stoop.
5. Drill holes through each counterbore and into the concrete for tap-in masonry anchors.
6. Attach trim boards to concrete with masonry anchors; tap in anchors with hammer, then finish with a nail set
7. Use a drill and ½-inch-diameter plug cutter to cut plugs from PVC trim.
8. Install plugs into the counterbored holes using hot-melt glue; trim the plugs flush with a sharp chisel.
9. Attach the wood-composite decking to the top of the concrete stoop using the same masonry anchors.
10. Conceal each anchor in decking with a plug cut from a composite decking board.
11. Sweep decking clean of all debris.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.