Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put a deck over a concrete step.
1. Cut PVC trim boards to wrap around stoop using circular saw.
2. Counterbore holes in PVC trim with ½-inch-diameter spade bit.
3. Apply foam adhesive to back of trim.
4. Run bead of hot-melt glue across miter joints and press trim board against stoop.
5. Drill holes through each counterbore and into the concrete for tap-in masonry anchors.
6. Attach trim boards to concrete with masonry anchors; tap in anchors with hammer, then finish with a nail set
7. Use a drill and ½-inch-diameter plug cutter to cut plugs from PVC trim.
8. Install plugs into the counterbored holes using hot-melt glue; trim the plugs flush with a sharp chisel.
9. Attach the wood-composite decking to the top of the concrete stoop using the same masonry anchors.
10. Conceal each anchor in decking with a plug cut from a composite decking board.
11. Sweep decking clean of all debris.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades