Is you radiator acting up and making impossibly loud noises? Does banging in the pipes sound like someone's running a sledge hammer? Try this easy do-it-yourself fix with this video on how to bleed your radiator.
You Will Need:
• A radiator
• A towel
• A bleed key
Step 1: Turn off the heat
Turn off the heat and wait until the radiator cools.
Step 2: Locate the valve
Locate the bleed valve. It is a circular valve with a square protrusion from its center.
Step 3: Hold towel
Hold the towel beneath the valve to catch any water that leaks out.
Step 4: Insert and turn
Insert the bleed key and turn it one-quarter turn counter-clockwise. When you hear the hissing of released air, you have successfully opened the valve.
Step 5: Close valve
Turn the valve one-quarter turn clockwise once the hissing has ceased and the first drop of water exits the valve.
Step 6: Turn on heat
Turn the heat back on and listen to hear if the noise in the pipes has dissipated.
Step 7: Contact a professional
Contact a professional heating expert if problems persist.
Trivia: Doris Day sang the song "Steam Heat" in the 1957 movie version of The Pajama Game.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades